Sunday, March 20, 2011

One of the last things that is important, and maybe something that is more important than the fact that I like to eat truffles, cat daddy, listen to rap and have more lip glosses in my purse than necessary. Is the fact that I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints a.k.a I am a Mormon. I feel it only fitting to share a little bit about my feelings of the gospel and how it has helped me in my life as a young twenty-something girl in 2011.

I feel that there is so much sadness in the world right now. Nautral disasters seem to be happening all the time, there are always horrible stories about people hurting other people and with people (especially us young people) working all the time it's hard to find something that is stable to support us. Not everyone has a family that is as amazing as mine and not everyone is blessed with stability. However, the church is always stable. I just finished visiting teaching one of my sisters about the organization of the church and how we follow a pattern. While many people feel that rules lead to oppression, a thought that was shared in our recent message talked about how the organization of the church allows things to flow freely. Who would have though that by living by the rules that things would be more effortless for you. Life is never easy, but I have for sure seen that principle in my life. When I live in line with the will of the Lord, I feel that my life is a lot more smooth sailing than when I feel that I can do it all on my own without his help.

I love this gospel and believe in its teachings. I love knowing that at the end of the day I'm trying my hardest to be loving, serving, forgiving and the person who others can rely on with any help they need. To me, that is being a good later day saint. I want to share my testimony of the truth of this gospel not only by word (which, addmittedly I'm not very good at! I'm working forward, progression is key) but also by action and doing.

Lastly I would like to share a little bit of my testimony.

(For any of you who have stumbled onto my page and are not sure what I'm talking about the link at the top of the page will direct you to a website that will give you a brief overview of what it is.)

I believe that this gospel is a true gospel. I believe that I am a loved daughter of my Heavenly Father and that Jesus is my brother who is looking out for me. I believe that President Monson is a prophet and that he watches out for us and loves us and would not lead us a stray. I believe that Joseph Smith DID see God and Jesus and did organize the Church on this earth today. I feel blessed to live where I live and to be raised with the family that I have. I don't feel it is coincidence that I was placed in this day and age and want to do my part to help make not only my life memorable but help enrich and uplift the lives of those around me; members or not. I love that we have the ability to repent and that through Christ all our sins can be forgiven and that we can live with Heavenly Father again. The Church is true and I feel so loved to be here and be able to do my part as well.
Things are hard in life, and we all have challenges (some much worse than others) but at the end of the day I know that there will be no trial given to me that I cannot handle because I will have the support of not only my family and those around me who are lifting me up, but from my Savior. I know I do not have to be perfect, because he knows my heart, but if I do mess up I can find forgivenss in him and my life is not lost.

I just felt that I should share that with everyone today, I'm not sure why, because I don't normally share but I'm trying to get better at listening to the whispering of the Spirit.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment