Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life is full of changes that help us grow for whatever reason. The last four weeks have been a lot of changes for me and the good news: I'm growing as a person. The bad news: I've had some big changes. So, after numerous blood tests, taking off days to go to the hospital, planning doctor appointments, paying co-pays and talking to multiple doctors I now am the owner of numerous food allergies and big time anemia. : Not enjoying that. The small amount of food that I do have in my pantry I can't eat. If you'd like to know what I can't eat I'll give you a small list: Wheat, eggs (yolk & white), casein, milk, peanuts, & corn. I also have to take time off from work to get more food test done to see if I'm allergic to rice, legumes, coconut, almonds and soy because those will be a big part of what I eat now. I'm not super excited, but I'm glad I found it out while I was in my early twenties instead of in my middle life. I also am uber anemic. My iron levels are supposed to be around 100 and mine are at 15 so I have to take supplements to try to build my iron up, but it wont stick because my stomach is so inflamed because of my food allergies, so that's a little bogus. Good news is that all this can be fixed. IT CAN BE FIXED! but we'll see what I decide to do, I have the option to possibly to IV iron tx but I don't know if I want to take MORE time out of my life for it (I'm taking a lot of time off so that I can do some more food allergy tests). Just thought I'd share and if anyone has any good food ideas that DONT include that, let me know :) ha ha. Also I'm trying to learn how to jerk so if you know how to do that, please let me know as well. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. that's tough stuff babe. I can relate to lots of testing and waiting and testing some more. I applaud your determination and positive outlook. It's amazing how much people take good health for granted, huh? Hang in there. Sorry, no good food ideas yet. I'll keep a look out on Google for ya though.

    ReplyDelete