Tuesday, June 21, 2011



Today is officially the first day of summer and I need to write something other than that horrible entry below. I am amazingly blessed.


I'm listening to The Mars Volta. For those of you who have never listened to them, they remind me of being much younger. They remind me of drums and sweaty band rooms in garage attics. They remind me of longboarding and driving in jeeps without the top on. They remind me of laying in forts on top of grass hills and eating gummy worms with strangers who turn into friends. There are smells that I can breathe in my lungs and I swear to you I can feel the sun on my skin no matter where I am.


I'm also listening/playing the Beatles whenever I'm in my room. This is a big change of pace. I normally listen to rap and it's doing something for me to sit in my room at night and play guitar or walk barefoot in the sun.


I can't tell you how good this feels...


I wake up every morning and my heart is pounding so hard I can feel it throbbing in my chest. I am so high on life.


mania.


Do you know how good it feels to be understood?


I love life.


I'm high on life.


Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment