This is not where it started however. Once upon a time my mother used to have to tell me to go buy things because I "Deserved them for all the hard work I did" (I've always had a job since I was 16). I used to hate spending money and would have sticker shock for things like $20 shirts and $60 winter coats. I remember the first pair of jeans I bought that were $50 and it was a big jump for me. However, I have since progressed to going shopping at least twice a week (I'm also making 4-5x as much as I was when I was 16 so I feel justified in that sense).
I did just want to brag about what I snagged over the last two days. Yup. I've gone shopping THREE times in the last two days-- twice today. I went to TWO different shopping malls today.
Recently I had my Toms stolen by an ex-roommate. I decided those had to be replaced.
Ran out of my favorite hand lotion (they stopped making it!) so I purchased new stuff at VS. They had this deal though, where if I spent $10 I got a gift card so of course I purchased more.
In an effort to feel more springy I bought two new tunics (I got this in black and white) and some gray leggings to go underneath them. Also purchased some cute knickers because there was a 5 for $25 sale (not shown, but they're cute- trust me).
This may not seem like a lot to some of you, but on top of that I also paid $30 for a clinic visit (yippee!)
And on the note of clinic visits-- the doctor I visited (new doctor) was super nice and I'm very excited to start seeing her. I was waiting for almost an HOUR though! I came in early even to do all my new patient paperwork and still ended up sitting in a room for an hour until she came in. Then we talked for five minutes and I left. (I had a lunch engagement at 4 and left the clinic at 4:10). I'm thankful though that I have the opportunity to see doctors whenever I need to.
xoxo.


No comments:
Post a Comment