Sunday, May 22, 2011

I've decided to let you all in on my goal for this summer: Improve my adjectives.
No, "Crazy" isn't one of them- let me explain...

Adjective: (n) a word imputing a characteristic into a noun or pronoun.

Now that you're all familiar with adjectives (pretty much just descriptive words) I'm going to add another piece to the puzzle. Have you ever tried to explain something (or someone) to someone that is not familiar with it/them? You use adjectives:

"He's pretty good looking, dark hair, average height..."
"She's that really loud girl that's always in your grill..."
"...with the rat tail..."


I've actually been thinking about this a lot over the last couple of weeks and wondered exactly what descriptive things people say about me? I want these things, at least by the end of the summer, to be descriptions I'd be proud to have people say to my face. It may be something silly but I think I want to work on being known for who I am, but not what I am this summer.

Its easy to be known for what you look like, I want to be known for who I act like.

I'm also learning this dance. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment